Monday, October 29, 2007
Autism....Now What?
Well, Braden has been officially diagnosed with Autism. The psychologist said that she feels he has a lot of positive qualities and that he is probably on the "high-functioning" end of the autism spectrum. Now we just have to figure out WHAT to do from here. This is the part where it gets overwhelming, because there are SOOOO many different therapy options out there, and that we will have to work really hard to find the right therapy for BRADEN. We feel SO extremely blessed to have Braden in our life and we love him SO much! We KNOW he was sent to us for a reason, probably more for OUR benefit than his, but we're still glad he is ours FOREVER! I can't imagine a life without the knowledge I have of eternal families and the plan of salvation. I think of how much harder this would be without that and it makes me sad that other families go through that. Jeremy and I have certainly felt everyones prayers making a difference. Ever since we asked for prayers and support, Braden has had less tantrums, he's been happier, and life has just been so much better. I know that's because people are praying for us, so THANK YOU! Braden has such a sweet spirit, and everyone who meets him sees that. He is such a SPECIAL child of God, it makes my heart almost explode when I think about it. I know he's going to do GREAT things in this life and the next. I'm just so GRATEFUL to Heavenly Father for letting ME be a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey you guys. I am humbled by your attitude. It is funny how Heavenly Father teaches us through our children. We will be praying for your little guy.
Blaine
Emily, it was great hearing from you. Your little one is so adorable. My prayers are with you guys. Sounds like you are doing great though!
We love little Braden! He is so sweet and he seriously brings a smile to me every time I see him! You are such a wonderful mother are thoughts are prayers are with you guys!!!
Post a Comment