Well, I don't have a ton to update on, but wanted to throw SOMETHING on here just to say I haven't completely neglected my blogging duties. We had Braden's IEP meeting yesterday at school and it went pretty well. I don't really think they are challenging him as much as they could though. He's a VERY intelligent boy and if you know how to teach him something, he'll learn it and NEVER forget it! He can be stubborn about some things just because they aren't "rewarding" for him and he doesn't like to do things that mess up his routine. But he's more observant than we think sometimes. Example: We were going to dinner last night and we drove by a target store. Braden of course knows where target is and what's inside that store, so he gets excited, thinking that we're going there, and of course has a major meltdown when we pass it. Then he starts talking about "circle" and I'm like "what does that mean?" and we realized he's talking about target! Who knew he ever paid attention to the logo?!
Bella is doing pretty good and if Braden doesn't kill her, she'll be a great dog! Braden loves her, but a little too much! He's also got some facination with trying to lay ontop of her (that scares me!). I can't wait till she gets bigger and can withstand the abuse!
Braden got an early birthday present and loves it! (a trampoline). He loves to jump with other kids and loves tackling people. I think we need to get him into football or something cause that seems to be something he really likes doing. :) At least then he'll be allowed to tackle people and not get in trouble for it!
Next weekend is mine and Jeremy's 11th Anniversary. How can it feel like we've been married longer than that, but at the same time, feel like we haven't been married that long? It's a weird feeling. I think it feels long because it IS a long time! 11 years is more than a DECADE! Sometimes it feels like we always been together. But I think sometimes it feels like less time because we didn't have Braden until 4 years ago and most people have kids within their first few years of being married. So a lot of people assume we haven't been married that long and they treat us that way. A lot of people are surprised when I tell them how long we've been married. Most people who've been married more than 10 years have at least 3 or 4 kids (mormon's do anyway). It's been a pretty crazy 11 years! We've had several different jobs, moved 9 or 10 times, dealt with infertility, and autism, both graduated from college, Jeremy finished his master's degree, and a million other little things and some pretty big things that have happened with our extended families. I think that if we can go through all that and still love eachother more than when we first got married, we're in good shape! These are the blessings of a temple marriage. It doesn't make marriage/life easier, it makes your committment STRONGER and you know that the lord is happy with what you're doing and he blesses you more than you even realize. I keep waiting for life to calm down a bit and for things to go smoother, but I realize that that's probably never going to happen, cause that's just life. It's full of all kinds of things(good and bad), but I'm grateful that it's FULL! My cup is full and runneth over! (now where's the mop!?)
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Emily, I am SO glad things are going so well for you guys!Everytime you tell a story about Braden's memory, it just blows my mind! That is amazing!
Miss you girlie - lets plan a GTG soon? Maybe in March? Check your calendar and let me know!
I really like what you said about marriage...it is so true! I can't believe you guys have been married that long either! I know we didn't go as long as you without having kids, but we kind of feel the same way. Other people who have been married as long as us have multiple kids. We think that the time we had just the two of us did us a world of good though!
We were blessed with our little girl 6 1/2 years after we were married and although it wasn't how we wanted it to happen we are grateful now that we had that time together. People always think that we have only been married for 3 maybe 4 years but it will be 8 in march. Congrats on 11 years !!! I hope you get to do something fun!
Post a Comment