Let's be honest, when we say "Quirks", we really mean "6 reasons I'm weird" (I KNOW I'm weird, but it can be pretty dangerous to explore the inner workings of my mind and actually TELL other people about it! Geesh! I hope I still have friends out there after this!). Well, I've been "TAGGED"... I guess I'll go along with it, but the tagging stops with me. I'm an "anti-tagger". There! I've admitted it! I feel better now! So... on with the QUIRKS!
1. I don't really like "mixed" food. example: fruit salad, I would much rather just eat an apple, some melon, some pinapple and grapes by themselves, separately, than have them all thrown together (I know this quirk really baffles my mother-in-law, who loves fruit salads). I am also very against putting nuts in my food. Nuts are nuts. (I know, you all think I'M nuts!) they're meant to be eaten as nuts, not put in bread or salad or cookies or any other dish. (this ALSO baffles my mother-in-law who loves to put nuts in stuff, but is such a nice lady, she will make some things without the nuts, just for me!)
2. Ok, here's where I REALLY let my "crazy" show... I think I got a little bit of my mother's Obsessive Compulsive tendencies. There are a lot of things I do that show this side of me (ask my sweet, patient husband). But anyway, for some really crazy reason, when I go to Fuddrucker's, and you know how they have those checkered tableclothes? I HAVE to keep my drink INSIDE one of the squares and NOT sitting on top of one of the lines. It's not like I think the universe will implode if I don't have my drink in the square (I'm not MONK people!), I think it's just a visual thing for me. It just looks "unorganized" if it's sitting on the line. Jeremy likes to move it, just to drive me nuts, but I guess you can't drive someone nuts if they already are, can you?
3. So, Jeremy say's this is a quirk, but I think it just makes sense. Alright, when I make a sandwich, I HAVE to spread the peanut butter completely over the bread and all the way to the edges. Same with the jelly. Same thing with mustard and mayo. My thing about this is that I like to get some of EACH flavor in every bite. That's the way the sandwich was meant to be eaten. It's just WRONG to get a bite with nothing but jelly! Jeremy thinks it comical to watch me try and make casseroles (like lasagna) because I really take my time and I make sure you get a little of everything in each bite and it aggravates me when I can't. I just can't "throw" things together.
4. I'm a backseat driver. (I like to be in control) Really only with Jeremy though. His driving scares me. He gets so mad when I do this too! It drives him nuts. He tends to miss his exits, so naturally if I know our exit is coming up, and he still hasn't moved over to the right lane, I will say "are you going to get over?" and he gets mad and says "I will." and he waits till the last second and cuts someone off. (just to tick me off). So I make up my mind NOT to say anything and when we pass our exit (or street) or he gets off the freeway on the WRONG exit, and he finally realizes his mistake he says "Why didn't you say something?!" I can't win people!
5. I have dressing issues (I'm SURE that I'm not the only girl in the world who does this, at least I HOPE I'm not!). When I have to dress up to go out (to church for example) I will try on at least 4-5 outfits and I will decide to wear one, and stay in it for a while, but then I will change my mind and try a different outfit for a while. Pretty much up until we HAVE to leave, I'm STILL freaking out about what I want to wear.
6. I get "over-focused". When I'm doing something, I tend to do it VERY thoroughly and I forget about everything else in the world (Including eating and sleeping) until the project is done. For example, my table project... I worked late into the night and then I would dream about it and I would wake up and begin working on it again. Pretty much forgetting that I have a child and a husband to feed and clothe, and a house to keep. I get this way with just about every project or when I read (which Jeremy says I do way too much!).
7. (a freebee) I don't know if anyone out there has noticed, but for some strange reason, I always end my blog entry titles with and exclamation mark!!!!!!! I don't know WHY, I just do! Maybe I like to think everything is exciting enough for the use of an exclamation! he he!
Ok, so there you have it! 6 reasons I'm weird(plus one)! I hope you enjoyed your small peek into my strangeness!! :) You're welcome to share YOUR strangeness as well,(but I won't "tag" anyone specific) I know it might make me feel better to know that other people out there are as weird as I am!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are not alone in your quirkiness. I have a few family members who would agree with you on at least 3 of your 7! Ask Wade, OCD rocks!!!
i SO agree with number 3.
i also refuse to tag other people. i don't mind being tagged, but i just don't want to tag anyone else. who knows, maybe i'll do that tag on my blog though. it was funny reading yours. you're too funny!
ps. notice i added a ! just for you!
You mean to tell me that those things aren't normal? SAY WHAT?
I love it! I love the one about back seat driving....I do this to my husband and it drives him nuts. But hey, if they would focus, and be good,courteous drivers then nothing would be said, right???
Hey did Braden have his appt yet?
Post a Comment