Friday, December 5, 2008

Life with the Webers!

Alright, I know that there are a LOT of busy mom's out there and I don't think I could compare myself with them but I wanted to give a little look into what a typical week at the Weber home is like(this will be a LONG entry, so if you really don't care to read it, it won't hurt me. I'm doing this as much for my own records as I am sharing with friends.)


Monday: Wake up at 7:00am make Breakfast (which Braden will then refuse to eat) Get dressed and play a little bit. 9:00am - habilitator comes till 11:00am (Braden doesn't really get along well with this girl, so it's basically a two hour tantrum. not fun.) 12:00pm make lunch and pray that Braden eats it. 1:00 - 3:00pm check email and do misc. things around the house and keep Braden happy. 3:00pm Sarah (my sister) comes to do respite work for us so I can fix dinner and do whatever I want without worrying about Braden. (SO NICE!!) 5:30 or 6:00 Eat dinner (again, praying that Braden will eat) after dinner Braden goes straight into the bath usually because he's covered in food (and so is the floor). He bathes for about 20 minutes then we put his jammies on. We let him play for a little while till 7:30 or 8:00 when we put him to bed. I do have to say that I am so proud at how well Braden goes to bed. All I have to do is say "night-night" and Braden will say it back and grab his favorite car and run into his room and hop into bed. We then say our family prayers and Braden goes to sleep! Wallla!! Then Jeremy and I get a blessed hour and a half to ourselves, but we're both pretty tired, so we go to bed around 9:30pm

Tuesday: 7:00am wake up and make breakfast. 9:00 -11:00 - habilitator/tantrum time. 12:00pm Lunch 1:00 - 3:00pm habilitator #2 comes (she's MUCH better and Braden LOVES her, so this is actually an enjoyable two hours) 3:00pm - 6:00pm Sarah comes to do respite. 5:30 Dinner, Bath, Play...8:00pm Bedtime

Wednesday: 6:45 wake up get dressed (and look somewhat presentable). make Breakfast and get Braden ready to go to "Jumpstart" (a therapy program that we're doing right now) 8:00am leave for phoenix. 9:00 - 11:30 do Jumpstart (basically it's training for parents on how to deal with autism.) 12:30 eat lunch 1:00 - 3:00 Hab #2 comes. 5:30 Dinner. 7:10pm Emily leaves for work. 8:00pm Braden goes to bed and Daddy plays X-Box till 10:30pm when Emily gets home.

Thursday: 7:00am wake up, eat Breakfast, get dressed. 9:00am - 9:49am Braden has a meltdown that we're not leaving for therapy. 9:50am leave for Occupational Therapy. 10:00 - 11:00 OT. 11:00 - 12:00pm Speech therapy (he goes to a therapy center for both of these). 12:30 eat lunch. 1:00pm - 3:00pm Hab #2 comes. No respite on Thursdays :( 5:30pm Dinner...bath...jammies 7:10pm Emily leaves for work. 8:00pm Braden goes to bed and Daddy plays X-Box till 11:00pm when Emily gets home.

Friday: 6:45 wake up... eat... get dressed. Get ready for Jumpstart. (all the while Braden throws a fit cause we're not leaving right this minute). 8:45am arrive at SARRC (where we do the program) and spend 15 + minutes trying to keep Braden in the waiting room (because now that he knows where the "classroom" full of fun toys is, who wants to wait in the dumb waiting room!?) Braden grabs EVERYONE in the waiting room by the hand and drags them toward the classroom, then throws a fit when they say they can't take him back yet. Then he resorts to just trying to make a run for it, so to someone watching you see a frazzled woman running all over the place and then dragging a screaming child back with her. (VERY fun.) 9:00 - 11:30am do Jumpstart. 12:30 eat lunch. 1:00 - 3:00pm Hab #2 comes. 5:30 Dinner...bath...jammies...bed.

Saturday: 7:00am wake up eat breakfast. then spend most of the day catching up on housework that has been completely neglected the rest of the week. We sometimes go out and go shopping as long as Braden's in a good mood.

Sunday: 7:00am wake up, make breakfast, eat, get Braden and ourselves ready for church. 9:00am leave for church (yes, I know, we're running late, as usual) from 9:00 - 10:00am one of us chases Braden around the church building trying to keep him from opening every classroom door or terrorizing the library while Braden screams because he wants to go to nursery and sit in the cabinet. (yes, he likes to pick a toy and sit in an empty cabinet). 10:00am drop Braden off at his nursery (next door to ours. We teach nursery) we listen to him scream because he can't get the toys out yet. 12:00pm head home, exhausted and starving. 12:30 eat lunch. Usually on Sunday's we will either have family over at our house for dinner or we will go to their house, but we almost always have some kind of family gathering on Sundays. It's really nice.

So that's our week in a nutshell. There are lots of things I've left out or this would be a VERY VERY long entry! Like I said, I know I'm not as busy as some mothers out there and I'm more busy that others, but this is what it is. It's our life and no matter how crazy it gets, it's great that we're together!

2 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Wow, I had NO IDEA that you were so busy with so much therapy for Braden. You are a great mom Emily. I'm sure you get even less acknowledgement than most parents...but you are doing such a good job! I can't even imagine how tiring things are for you. Hang in there!P.S. I love Braden's cute face!!!

Varney Family said...

I found your blog on Katies' :) Sounds like a pretty hectic and busy week! How are therapies going and the eating for Braden? I am working with a parent advocate that is amazing and has told me some awesome things about Jumpstart and Saarc... I'd love to chat if you want to e-mail me... ameliavarney at yahoo dot com.