Monday, March 2, 2009

Braden Turns 3!

How did this (above) grow into.... THIS!!! (below) in just 3 YEARS!!!


Braden has DEFINITELY figured out what presents are! Everyone who walked in with a gift or bag was attacked, no "present opening ceremony" for us, he took charge and opened everything right away! Here (above) he opening one of his presents from us, a train set.

Grandma Weber holding cousins, Wyatt and Sienna.

We went down to the park to play for a while and the kids had lots of fun. Braden LOVES the park and the slide.

This is all the kids getting ready to go down the slide (Braden's already on his way down actually)

Andrew with Braden and Sienna on the swings

I've never seen Braden enjoy this toy so much before. He climbed on and went to town, but he definitely wanted to do it himself, when Jeremy tried to rock him, he completely lost interest.

Braden getting ready to blow out his candles.

Braden's "BIG" gift was a tricycle from mom and dad.

Braden talking on a phone that Grandpa Weber gave him.

Braden thoroughly enjoyed every gift, even the BAGS!

Just making sure there's no presents left in here...
I can't believe Braden is 3 years old already! It's amazing how fast they grow up! You have to just cherish every minute because once it's gone, it GONE! Before you know it, he'll be a teenager! SCARY!!! I can't believe how much progress he's made this year! He's starting to really develope his vocabulary and he is so smart, it scares me a little! I have to take a second and express my gratitude for EVERYTHING! I can't believe how blessed I've been. FIRST, to be given the blessing of even having a child when I thought I wouldn't be able to. WOW! Then, to be given the experience of learning and growing through our trials with autism, yes, I do consider it a blessing. I'm just in awe of how the lord has blessed our family. It's a miracle that Braden has long term care, I'm sure a lot of people out there don't understand (unless you've been through it) how difficult it is to fight the battle for state funded treatment (which is our ONLY option right now). And recently, they've STOPPED treatment for ALL children under 3 years old who do NOT have long term care. I can't even imagine how devastating this must be for the families of the 850 + children who no longer have treatment options. It just makes me so sad that our legislators have CHOSEN to do this! But at the same time I am SO grateful that Braden still gets treatment. I'm humbled to know that the lord chose to bless us when there are plenty of others out there probably more deserving or more in need than we are. Every day of my life builds my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, of the lords mercy and love for me and for my family.

2 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

You have a such a great attitude Emily. I can't believe how old Braden is getting! Seriously! And he started preschool? That freaks me out! I love that last pic of him head-first in the gift bag. So funny. :)

Vallier's said...

looks like you guys had so much fun at the birthday party!! I am so sorry i couldnt make it but i had to work i couldnt get off that weekend. Braden is getting to big i cant beieve he is in preschool. I cant wait to get kegan in preschool I will be so relieved to have a few moments of silence LOL.