
These two pictures aren't really from our little vacation, but I had to post them and I'm too lazy to do two separate posts. :) Braden is armed and ready to defeat Daddy in a nerf gun fight!

Braden loves doing jigsaw puzzles and he can do a 24 pc puzzle without help at all, so we thought we would see if he could do a harder puzzle (this one is 100 pc) and he did this almost all by himself. (I had to sit with him and give him some verbal directions.) This picture is the look he gives us as he's just finished putting the last piece in the puzzle. He does this same look with every puzzle he finishes (he's so proud of himself!) We're proud too! :) He's such a smart kid!

We went on a little Father's Day Vacation up to Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown and on our way home we stopped at an aquarium on the coast. This is Jeremy and I outside the aquarium.

Braden and mommy on the giant turtle statue. (by the way, if you're ever considering riding a turtle, bring a saddle cause that shell is NOT comfy!)

Braden's favorite exhibit (like everyone else's) was the sharks. They only had one fair sized tiger shark, but Braden was still pretty excited about all the fish.

He really like watching the turtles

Braden and the frog. He was REALLY interested in the snakes in this room. Ick!

Braden and Daddy outside the governer's palace in Williamsburg. The building behind them is only a small portion of the house, not to mention all the outbuildings. I was dissappointed that they only let you walk through a small portion of the house.

Braden wanted to climb in here all on his own (outside the jailhouse).

Braden and Daddy, doing some time in the "Stocks". How's that for punishment? Makes tent city look like a vacation!

We visited Jamestown and went through replicas of some indian huts. Not my idea of comfy living! I don't know how they did it!

At Jamestown there were replicas of the boats that they sailed on to get to America. Needless to say, this was Braden's absolute favorite part of the vacation. In fact Jamestown was our first stop on Day 1 and Braden cried for 2 hours after leaving the boats and cried himself to sleep and was even wimpering about "next boat" in his sleep; and for the rest of the vacation, about every hour or so he would say "next boat?" (asking to see the boats). Jamestown was cool, but I don't think we'll be going there again for a while.

Some "sailors" working on the sails.

Braden and Daddy on the gang plank.

Braden and Daddy on the big boat.
3 comments:
What fun pictures! Loved seeing them.
Looks like so much fun! I cannot believe Braden can do puzzles like that...that is incredible!
Love it! Looks like you guys had a great time! I can't believe how big Braden is - crazy!!!
Post a Comment