Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving!

We had a good Thanksgiving. It was pretty quiet compared to what we're used to, but it was nice. We had Jeremy's dad here and our friends the Rabideau's over. The turkey actually turned out pretty well (my first one).
Our "Fancy" table. :)

Braden was such a goof on Thanksgiving day. He kept yelling "TURKEY!" and when we were setting the table he sat in his chair and said "Happy Halloween!".



I had to show off these beautiful pies that my friend Sarah made. I'm not great at making pies and I hardly ever make them, so Sarah volunteered to bring the pies for dinner and I'm SOOO glad she did, they weren't just pretty, they tasted awesome! Thanks Sarah!

Everyone chowing down on Sarah's yummy pies. When Jeremy was getting ready to take this picture, he told Braden to say "cheese" and Braden yells "Happy Birthday!". :) He is such a funny kid!

The day after Thanksgiving we went up to Mt. Airy, a small town where Andy Griffith grew up and basically what "Mayberry" is based on. We stayed overnight there and the next day we drove from there to Ashville on the blueridge parkway, which is one of the prettiest scenic drives in the country. Even with no leaves on the trees the drive was still pretty.

Jeremy and I at one of the overlooks.

It's hard to see in this picture but the trees are all covered in frozen dew drops and so they all looked like they had tons of tiny lights on them. It was pretty cool looking.

Jeremy wanted to document how freezing it was up on our drive. 28 degrees. It was pretty darn cold. We got out to take Braden to the bathroom and he kept saying "go home". Poor kid was really cold!

This is us standing outside in 28 degrees (we obviously aren't wearing warm enough clothes). Braden is staring longingly at the warm car.

1 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

I'm glad you had such a good Thanksgiving! Those pies really do look amazing. :) PS Lincoln's grandpa grew up with Andy Griffith so it was fun to hear that you stayed there!