Monday, March 21, 2011

Duke Gardens! (Again!)

We went to Duke Gardens this weekend and I have to say... it is one of my favorite places. They have something blooming there in almost every season (except mid winter). My favorite time is spring though cause I love tulips. There will be more tulips coming up in the next few weeks so I'm sure we'll be going back every weekend this spring. Braden loves to go and feed the ducks, but this time the ducks weren't around, but he was still able to feed the catfish! He loved it!

I love these purple trees, but I can't remember what they're called.
This is a saucer magnolia tree. It's blossoms are HUGE! Bigger than my hand spread open.
Saucer Magnolia blossom.
Daffodils are blooming all over. They even have them on the sides of the freeways here. they're so pretty!

Saucer Magnolia
The cherry trees are blossoming right now too and those are probably my favorite! You just never see this in AZ. Not to mention is was only 70 degrees on Saturday. It was the perfect day to stroll in the gardens!

Some of the tulips that are blooming
I'm not sure what these pink and purple flowers are, but they're pretty.
Me and Braden in front of a weeping cherry tree
Japanese cherry tree.

1 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Wow, I love those pictures! That saucer magnolia tree is gorgeous. I also like the cherry tree pics. And just so you know...tulips are my favorite flower too. I LOVE them!!!