Monday, May 9, 2011

Some Overdue Pictures!

Don't mind the messy bedroom behind me (if you can even see it past my enormous belly!). I still have 6 more weeks to grow! (I hate pictures of me when I'm pregnant!) Yesterday was Mother's Day. Jeremy was so wonderful! He got me flowers and a really nice card and made an awsome dinner and he did everything in his power to give me a break. Braden wasn't having a very good day from the start though and by dinner time, he was completely out of control. We had to put him in time out at least 6 times in an hour and time out for him is us trying to hold him while he does everything he can to injure us (not fun). I was a little sad about being kicked, hit and having my hair pulled on mother's day, but I realized that that's just part of being the mother of an autistic child. He doesn't know what it means to appreciate someone. I don't think that he even knows what love really is, but I love him more than I can express and I'm grateful to be his mother, no matter how frustrating and overwhelming it gets. He has some very great moments that help balance it out. I'm so proud of the progress that he's made and I pray everyday that he will continue to do so.


Easter morning, and Braden is checking out his basket.


He's super excited about the laffy taffy egg.


Still digging through




Dumping the contents of an egg into my hands





Braden really enjoyed painting eggs




He was a bit impatient about leaving them in the cups though




A couple of his finished eggs.


We had some friends over for easter dinner and did a little easter egg hunt for Braden. We had some plain plastic eggs filled with treats and we had some "star wars" plastic eggs filled with treats. Braden REFUSED to pick up the plain eggs and would only pick up the star wars eggs! It wasn't until he had opened the star wars eggs and realized that there was candy in the eggs that he started going around and finding all the plain ones. He's such a funny kid!



Jeremy will probably kill me for posting this picture and I'm sure he doesn't even know I took it, but it was too cute to pass up! I just love it when He and Braden fall asleep together! They're like peas in a pod! :)


Braden decided he wanted to try on some clothes that were donated to us for baby brother...I think they're a bit too small. He didn't care, he insisted on wearing them to bed.


I don't usually brag about my artwork, but I really loved how this pedi turned out!

3 comments:

j and s (but mainly s) said...

That pedi is one of my favorites that you've done!!

Dusty Rose said...

I really enjoyed the photos of Braden at easter. So cute!
Great job on the pedi! I love it!
I'm sorry your Mother's Day was frustrating. You are a wonderful mother and Braden is so blessed to have you. And I am so blessed to have you for my daughter. Love you!

taylorfamily said...

I LOVE IT!! You are so gorgeous, I love pregnant bellies. Looks like you guys are having fun. :)