Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's New?

Well, I guess I should let you all (all, being the 5 people who actually read my blog) know what's new. I'm almost 37 weeks along and I started having contractions on Sunday and they wouldn't go away, so we went to the hospital to see what was going on and they checked me out and I'm dialated to a 3 now (went from a 1 on Thursday to a 3 on Sunday). They sent me home because they told me I wasn't in quite enough pain (seriously, they told me I was just too comfortable with my contractions!). The contractions slowed down on Monday and I've haven't had too many this week so far. So I'm waiting for them to start REALLY hurting or for my water to break, but in either case we have NO IDEA when this baby will come; it could be any day or I could make it to my due date! It's a bit annoying, I feel like I have to just put my life on hold and wait! I don't have time for that! I didn't expect to be having ANY labor symptoms till Braden was done with school, and I had help here! Luckily Jeremy's mom flew out right away and is here helping me now. What a relief!!! I'm so grateful for her! And I'm grateful she has a job that will allow her to be here for the next 6 weeks or so! I'm feeling fine though, other than being really uncomfortably large and getting no sleep (I guess that isn't really fine then, is it?). Anyway...that's the update from our end. I probably won't be posting again till we have the baby because my blog is the last thing I'm going to think about over the next few weeks, but we'll be posting pictures once our little guy arrives!

3 comments:

birdfam said...

Mother in laws are the greatest! I'm glad you have help. Can't wait to see pics of your new one. Try to get some rest, you know what's around the corner ;) Hang in there Em! You're almost done :)

Heidi said...

I'm so glad she arrived! I've been worried about you when you didn't text me back. Glad to hear things have slowed down. Call me if you need me!!!

taylorfamily said...

Can't wait!! I seriously can't believe they sent you home for that! I probably would have had a fit, It's good to hear you aren't in too much pain though. Hopefully soon!