Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween 2013

We had a great Halloween this year. There were even kids in our neighborhood trick or treating! Last year, there were only two or three houses in our neighborhood. The boys had lots of fun trick or treating. We carved pumpkins with our next door neighbors and had lots of fun having them over. I did a green and black theme for my decorations this year and I had lots of fun painting my pumpkins. It's an all day project, and I get a lot of funny looks from people as they drive by during the day and see me out on my front lawn spray painting pumpkins and other things, but my favorite part is doing the hand painting. I especially liked my skull pumpkin with the swirls on it. It took me a good couple of hours but that's because I'm a perfectionist. I also hand painted all my mason jars, which ended up looking awesome under the backlight. The white jars looked very cool with tea lights in them. (Yes, I am tooting my own horn, deal with it. 😜)


The boys getting ready to go trick or treating.


Our little skele-Jackson


Braden is doing some funny dance for the picture. One of his favorite things to do is have us video him doing silly things. These two adorable girls are our neighbor friends.


My pumpkins and jars under the blacklights.


My creepy, but pretty skeleton pumpkin


A few of the mason jars. It took me FOREVER to paint the labels on those white ones.


Our Halloween mantle. I've never had a mantle to decorate before moving into this house so it's been fun to get stuff for that too. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays (aside from Christmas) so I really enjoy decorating for it every year. We always decorate on the first weekend in October. Braden gets just as excited about decorating as I do, and I love that.

1 comments:

Anjane' said...

I LOVE the pumpkins & jars that you painted! So cool. You are one talented girl!