Jeremy and I came to the realization this week that Braden could possibly have some form of autism. Obviously he hasn't been diagnosed yet, and we have a while before that will happen I think, but we know that he has several autistic behaviors. And of course he is still not speaking any words yet. Right now I'm just trying to decide what to do next. I have no idea! We've asked our family and friends to pray for us, so that we can be led in the right direction from here. We're so grateful to have such a wonderful support system that we can count on. I'm SO grateful for the gospel. I can't even express how difficult this would be for me without it. Yes, this is probably going to be one of the most difficult trials of my life, but Christ promised to "make our burden's light" and now more than ever, I'm clinging to that promise. I know he knows my struggles and he will be with me every step of the way. It's funny how Heavenly Father chooses to teach his children. I thought that my infertility and my PCOS would be my biggest battle in life! Now I know he was using those years to teach me patience and giving me the gift of compassion and an unconditional love for the baby I so dearly wanted and waited for. Even though things aren't as I expected or hoped for them to be, I have a feeling I'm going to get so much more out of life than I would have otherwise.
My BEAUTIFUL Baby Boy! (9 months old)
3 comments:
You have such a great outlook on this Emily. I really admire your faith and courage. We love you guys and are praying for you!
Wow Emily, I had no idea. How did his hearing test come out? We love you guys and pray for you. Braden is the cutest little guy! I love how he lights up the room with his big smile!
Wow Emily, I had no idea! I will be praying for you guys. Please know you can call me anytime if you need to talk! Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Post a Comment