Monday, February 11, 2008

My Hubby & Me!

I got the idea for this from Tamra's blog and thought it was interesting. So, here goes....

MY HUSBAND...

1. What is his name? Jeremy Scott Weber
2. How long have you been together? We will have been married 9 years on February 20th.
3. How long did you date? We met on July 31st, were engaged on October 31st and married in February. Fast, you say? Not when you KNOW it's right.
4. How old is he? 33
5. Who eats more? Definitely him.
6. Who said I love you first? Jeremy said it in a card he gave me, then we talked about it a bit and actually said it to eachother.
7. Who is taller? Jeremy (5'9") Me (5'2")
8. Who can sing better? I say him, but he says me, so I guess you'll never really know. maybe we suck equally...
9. Who is smarter? Jeremy says it's me, but I think we're both smart in different ways. He's definitely smarter with computers and writing papers and stuff, but I've got common sense and I had a really good memory before having kids. I'm still right all the time though, there's no question about THAT! :)
10. Who does the laundry? We both do, but I have to admit that Jeremy probably does it more than I do. It's not my favorite chore. Come to think of it, I don't have a FAVORITE chore!
11. Who pays the bills? We do it together.
12. Who sleeps on the right side? If you're sitting in bed, I do.
13. Who mowes the lawn? We don't have a lawn of our own to mow, but if we did, Jeremy would do it. I've never done it in my life. Considering what a perfectionist I am, it would probably take me hours to do it if I did.
14. Who cooks dinner? We both do. Jeremy is a very good cook, probably better than me, but we usually cook together.
15. Who drives? Usually Jeremy, but sometimes I will.
16. Who is more stubborn? Though Jeremy would never admit to it, he can be pretty stubborn, but I probably take the cake on this one. It's something that I'm "known for". I totally blame my German heritage. Thanks Grandma!
17. Who kissed who first? It was a joint effort, spearheaded by me. Jeremy was so shy, that it was probably a month before we even held hands, (way too slow for me) I let him know that I was ready for a big wet one by writing him a note with two BIG words on it... "KISS ME!". It still took him a week after the note to "do the deed".
18. Who asked who out first? Like I said, Jeremy was very shy, so I was the more forward one. I'm pretty sure I asked him first. Our first date did not go very well, and I was pretty sure we wouldn't go out again, but fortunately we did, thanks to my friend Mindi.
19. Who proposed? It was basically an impromptu proposal at 1:00am on Halloween while we were sitting in my car outside his house talking. I asked Jeremy if he WANTED to marry me and he answered by running to his car and getting a ring pop we had bought on a road trip together, but had neglected to eat (and was therefore a little melted and deformed, but still cute) and he proposed. I said yes, of course and we proceeded to tell our families, who did NOT believe us. My mom actually had to hear it from Jeremy's lips before she actually believed it. He proposed again with a REAL ring later. I eventually ate my FIRST engagement ring. (how many people can say THAT!?)
20. Who has more friends? Well, neither of us are "social butterflies" but I would have to say I have more friends.

21. Who is more sensitive? I think we're equal. But I'm probably a bit more partial to chick flicks than he is. (although, he does suggest watching "Sense and Sensibility" every once in a while.)
22. Who has more siblings? Definitely me! Especially if you count my step-families! He has 3 and I would have 5 blood related and 10 step siblings. Family get togethers are pretty crazy!
23. Who wears the pants? Jeremy's brothers probably think that I do, but the truth is, there's one of us in each leg. We've gotten to that point in our marriage where we consult eachother on just about EVERYTHING! Even about this posting! :) now THAT'S what I call MARRIAGE! I LOVE YOU JEREMY!

7 comments:

kristine said...

You are hilariously fabulous!! I love that you love him so and have the humor you still carry on! I have always loved that about you. It has been awhile and I have checked in on you ever so often.. you are doing wonderful and I love seeing your sweet little one to. What a family life to live and love. I also was excited to hear about Tara. I remember the days we used to dance together! I remember her as Clara. Oh those where the days, but these days are pretty darn sweet too. You are a doll to make such a bounty of invites for her.. what a talent you have! I just had to say hello and that I am impressed with all I see.. blogs have really opened the door for communication with friends and family alike! So good to catch up here and I wish you well.. Happy Valentines!

love, kristine (millett) hammons

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I really love that you sent him a note that said Kiss me! What a great memory! Your heritage will get a kick out of that story!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I just read the comment you left on my blog. I was reading the Twilight series. I am in love with a vampire!

Allyson said...

Awwwww....that is so sweet! I did this same post about 3 months ago. You sound like you have a wonderful husband. Luv the eating the wedding ring bit....yes I think you are the first person I know who ate their ring!

Logan & Lindy said...

I love the engagment story so cute!!! Yes not very many people can say they ate there first engagment ring!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

That was a really fun post to read. I don't have a FAVORITE chore either. In fact, I think we should just do away with chores completely.

And, the slow thing...it must be in that Turley blood because Blaine took forever to kiss me. If only I would have thought about telling him in a card to do it. That was so cute! :)

Wendy said...

What a cute idea! I learned so much I never knew!