Friday, September 19, 2008

Habilitation Here We Come!

So we were FINALLY approved for long-term care! YIPPEE!!! What a blessing! This opens up so many more doors for Braden! What a blessing! He can now get at least 10 more hours of habilitation every week, possibly more in the future. The habilitation will help him learn how to do everyday things like brushing his teeth, getting dressed, and POTTY TRAINING! I can't wait for THAT one! It will be so good for him. I'm SO excited! On a sadder note, we took Braden to a neurologist because he has been having staring spells that might be seizures. So in the next month or so we have to take him to get a sedated EEG because he won't sit through a regular one. He's been put under before, but it's still un-nerving. But at least we'll be closer to knowing what's going on.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh Emily...I am so happy he got approved! That is awesome! Let me know how the EEG goes. I know that has to be so scary. Please call if you need anything!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Yeah, I'm happy for him and you guys. I guess it will be good to know what is going on, hopefully it won't be too serious. Loved your muddy pictures below!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Yay! That's so awesome about the care! He'll be able to be a big boy! : ] That'll be so wonderful for you guys!
We'll be keeping you in our prayers!