skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Disneyland Trip!
So, getting Braden to sleep in a hotel...not easy. This is a picture of his first night in the hotel and he kept us up till about 2:00am cause he just wouldn't stop running around! He ended up sleeping in our bed, and I ended up sleeping in his bed for a few hours so I could actually get some sleep! (he's such a wild sleeper and when he sleeps with me he's always kicking and hitting me, so I get NO sleep). Thankfully, the second night, he was so pooped, he fell asleep in the car and we just transferred him to his bed and he stayed there.
This is the three of us at Disneyland infront of the Walt & Mickey statue.
Me and Braden on the carousel, he LOVED it, it was probably his favorite thing to do other than the Buzz Lightyear ride. He really liked splash mountain till he got wet. (we could not get him to look at the camera all day!)
Braden and I flying with Dumbo.
Me, Braden and Jeremy in front of Tom Sawyer Island. (again, Braden won't look at the camera. Funny kid.)
Braden and I in jail at toontown.
Braden sitting in Mickey's chair. He really liked walking through Mickey's house.
Us with Mickey in his house. I was so glad that Braden wasn't scared of the characters!
By about 3:00pm he was out cold! We took him to tomorrow land and wanted to ride "Star Tours", but they said he wasn't tall enough (bummer). Anyway, we took him through one of the stores there and he wanted this Star Tours toy SOOOO badly, and since he'd been so good we got it for him and he wouldn't let go of it (you can see him still holding onto it in his sleep)! I thought it was funny since he didn't even ride the ride, but LOVED the toy.
Braden really liked sitting in Mr. Toad's car.
Jeremy and I before the fireworks. (as you can see we are both sunburned. It was a very HOT day!)
Braden before the fireworks. So happy. That is, until the fireworks started. Holy cow! He absolutely FREAKED OUT! I'm pretty sure it was the noise, but he was SOOOOOO upset. Jeremy had to take him down mainstreet and into one of the stores so that he couldn't hear everything. He tried walking out of the store before it was over and Braden freaked out again. so They had to stay in there till it was over. So, now we know Braden can't handle fireworks. He did so much better than we thought he would. He rode several rides and wasn't scared of anything (till the fireworks). He only had 2 major meltdowns (including the fireworks fiasco) the whole day. It was a very fun and very tiring day!
Braden's first time seeing the ocean. He wasn't too sure about the cold water, but he played in it a little bit. He had much more fun in the sand though.
Braden and Jeremy walking down to the water for the first time. Braden was kind of iffy about walking in the sand at first.
Braden LOVED being burried in the sand. He even re-burried himself after Jeremy unburried him. He didn't love getting rinsed off at the showers afterward though. :)
Braden in the sand.
Braden and Jeremy.
On the way home. Braden was hugging and cuddling with his Mickey dolls (and even his Mickey leash). It was so cute! He did so good on the drives over and back, which I am so thankful for. He's always been good in the car. It was a great trip and I'm so glad we did it, but I think I'll want to wait to go again till Braden's older and doesn't need a stroller.
6 comments:
It looks like such a fun trip! Braden is so cute...seriously, he is such a handsome boy! I love your hair by the way!
Wow - that looks like a great trip! Wonderful memories for all 3 of you!
Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. I was thinking of you so much and wondering how it was going. I'm really glad that Braden was so good and enjoyed so much of it. I'm sure that made it a lot more enjoyable for you too! Love ya, Mom
I love the pictures. I am so glad you had a wonderful time as a family and that Braden survived the adventure and had a great time at Disneyland! Love you.
Looks like a blast! I LOVE the beach! I glad you had a fun time!
I'm glad you had such a great trip. I think it is mandatory for every kid to have at least one meltdown at Disneyland or else it just wouldn't be right. All of that stimulus, heat, chaos, fun...heck, I'm surprised I don't have more meltdowns when I'm there!
Post a Comment