Friday, August 21, 2009

Ethan the Brave.

I'm so sad today because Brave little Ethan Skidmore (Jeremy's cousin's son) decided to return home to his Heavenly Father this morning. He's spent his entire life, even in the womb, fighting to keep his heart going. He has such a sweet spirit and thanks to his INCREDIBLE mother having the strength to share her story with the world on her blog, I've gotten to share in Ethan's journey, and I'm AMAZED. This beautiful boy went through so much hardship, and yet, in the short time he lived he has touched so many people and I know that we will NEVER forget that. I know that he will see his family again and I'm so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for his mercy. I know he's sitting with Ethan right now and thanking him for being brave enough to come to earth and change people the way he has. He had a mission in his six months on earth and right now I feel like his mission was meant to change me, but I know he's changed everyone who knew him. Thank you Ethan.

4 comments:

LISA :) said...

I am so sorry! What a great gift to be blessed with him in your family.

Nichole said...

Emily,
I am so sorry for your family's loss, but very greatful for everything he brought to the world in his short life.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

francb53 said...

Emily,
What a sweet tribute to Ethan! I totally agree with all you say. So many have learned from Ethan's life because of his parents willingness to share it on their blog. He will truly be missed by all that love him. Emily, I am grateful to you and Jeremy and Braden (and of course all my kids and grandkids). Please keep writing and showing pictures of Braden. I love it!
Love,
Francie

Tirsa said...

What a beautiful boy. I was so sad to hear of his passing but like you said, he had a mission to fulfill in his short little life and how lucky we are to have been touched by him.