Friday, August 14, 2009
Week One OVER! Whew!
Ok, So we survived the first week back at school! YAY!!!! Braden's teacher says he's getting into the "school groove" quickly and with no major meltdowns. The potty training has kind of gone awry this week though. It's much easier to potty train when he's home all day long! But he's not doing TOO bad. We've gotten the "ok" from the landlord to replace the vinyl flooring in our house (Yippee!) so we're looking for some good, honest and well priced places for quotes (we have to get several for the landlord), so if anyone knows of some places in the east valley that we can check out, let me know! And in other news.... I have started a diet and after 2 1/2 weeks, I've been able to lose 11 pounds! but I'm not going to post any pictures till I am done and have lost a bit more. It's kind of a crazy diet and it SOUNDS crazy and I was a TOTAL skeptic when I first heard about it, I'm one of those people who has to DO something before believing it will work. (for example: reading the book of mormon for myself) And now I can say... it works. It's actually teaching me A LOT about eating and food and the things about myself and how I look at food. It's pretty interesting. I was basically desperate to lose weight. I'm SOOOOO tired of being overweight. I absolutely HATE it! And I've tried EVERYTHING! But because I'm insulin resistant, its extremely difficult for me to lose weight naturally. I've been on some pretty serious medication for a long time, just to keep me from GAINING more weight! When I got married (before my IR kicked in) I weighed around 118 pounds! I feel like I've become this totally different person, because of my weight and I HATE that! I'm so fed up with being fat and it feels so good to know that there is SOMETHING that is finally working for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Congrats on the weight loss! I am so happy for you. As a fellow IR'er would you mind sharing? My class reunion is in 3 weeks and I am desperate to lose some weight. I only gained 10 back after my original big weight loss, but I will do anything...would you mind sharing?
Glad Braden did so good at school! I still can't believe summer is over!
Post a Comment