Tuesday, October 12, 2010
GGGRRRRRRRRRR!
I'm SOOOOOOOO not happy with Braden's school district at the moment... What school district doesn't have short buses for special needs children? Really!!!?? So they contract out to "transportation companies" (basically cabs/suv's) that come to pick up your child and take them to school. I was very wary about it from the beginning, but they said the system worked and I had nothing to worry about, so I decide to give it a try.... Today, someone leaves a can of car wax on the back seat of the suv and Braden gets a hold of it and makes a mess of himself, the window, the seat, basically what any small child would do if they found something new like that. Braden then tries to wipe the mess from his hands on the first available surface he can find (this happens to be the driver who is, along with Braden's teacher, unloading the other children. The driver then proceeds to YELL at MY child and tell him that he won't be picking him up anymore because he's a bad kid and says "Don't you dare touch me!" and then proceeds to grab my son by his wrists and lifts him out of the vehicle by his wrists! I get a call from the vice principal about an hour after Braden's been picked up and he tells me that there was an "incident" with the driver and that he grabbed Braden and yelled at him, but he didn't know all the details but that they had called the police to give a report and notified the transportation company and asked that that driver be removed from transporting any children that attend their school. At that time, I tell the VP that I no longer want Braden being transported by that company, period, and I will be coming to pick him up from school myself and I would speak with his teacher and find out exactly what took place. I show up to pick him up, and find out that they put him in the "cab" to go home! GGGRRRRR!!! I then have NO time to speak to the teacher and have to RACE home to get Braden from the afternoon driver (fortunately, a different driver or I would REALLY have lost my cool) THEN, I get a phone call from the teacher who gives me the details of what really happened and I'm so APPALLED I don't even know what to say!!! How can someone treat someone ELSE'S child that way!? I would NEVER dream of yelling at someone's child (especially if I knew they had a disability,which this driver knew perfectly well) let alone physically MANHANDLE them!!! I can't believe it! I don't really know what to do at this point! I suppose I can call the "cab company" and get the guy fired or something. He DEFINITELY shouldn't be transporting special needs children at the very least! Someone in his position should have more patience and control than that. The school is supposed to provide SAFE transportation for Braden to and from school. Apparently they can't provide that, so I'll have to drive him myself from now on. like I said. GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I am upset just by reading it. That's exactly what I would do, I would call the company and try to get him fired or at least some kind of discipline. What was he thinking. You could press charges on him if you really wanted too. I am so livid that someone would do that to a child. I would not blame you to question what school he goes to after that. I am so sorry that you had to experience that.
Oh my GOSH Emily! I am so sorry you and Braden had to go through that! That is absolutely absurd! The driver definitely either needs to be fired, or at a minimum removed from the route that picks up children of any sort!
I can't believe the school would then put him in another "cab" to send him home! AFTER you told them you would be coming to pick him up!
I think it is time that you call a meeting with the Principal, and the teacher at a minimum!
So sorry!
Big hugs to you (and Braden) poor guy!
Oh Em! How awful! I wish I was there to give them all a piece of my mind! (Although I know you are perfectly capable of doing that yourself.) You are as ferocious as a mother bear when it comes to Braden...as you should be! I'd just like to give them a double-whammy! They can't get away with doing that to my grandson!!!
Post a Comment