Monday, April 22, 2013

Special Education

I just got back from a meeting with Braden's teacher and principal. We went in to meet about integrating Braden into a mainstream or "typical" class. How do I feel? Lost I guess. I went in knowing what I wanted, knowing what I thought would be best for Braden and I left feeling like a scolded child. I guess I was told exactly what I expected to hear, so why should I feel bad? I guess I just can't help it. It doesn't feel good when someone "puts you in your place" so to speak. What is my place exactly? I'm not so sure anymore. Braden has recently been preferring Daddy when it comes to everything and the other day he even said he wanted to get a different mommy. It stung. I know he doesn't really know what he's saying hurts me, but that doesn't stop it from hurting. So, I guess I'm just a means of getting food, and transportation to and from school. Oh, yeah, and I'm the meanie that makes him brush his teeth, clean his ears and belly button, and clip his nails. And I'm the one who has to go to these meetings and get treated like a child. Does every other mother in the world feel like this?

0 comments: