Sunday, November 4, 2007

Vacation Day 4!


We ate Breakfast at a little place called Camp 18 that used to be an actual logging camp and they had all this old logging equipment to play on.



Jeremy, in front of an antique fire engine.


This rail car was converted into a BATHROOM!
Some of the beautiful countryside on our way out to Cannon Beach.


Have you ever wondered where they grow Christmas trees? HERE! On a Christmas tree farm!

Me in front of a fountain in Cannon Beach. We wandered around looking at all the neat art galleries. There were so many good artists, I just wish I had the money to buy some of their paintings! They have all kinds of old fashion candy and ice cream shops to visit too!

This is Cannon Beach (where some of the famous scenes from Goonies were filmed). It was so beautiful while we were there because there was a fog laying over the beach. It was perfect hot chocolate weather!

This light house is referred to as "Terrible Tilly". You can actually pay to have your body buried in the light house.
Jeremy and I on an actual boat anchor outside the Astoria Maritime Museum.
This inlet is called "Dead Man's Cove". I'm not sure why, but it was a pretty place.

This is the Cape Disappointment light house. It overlooks the Columbia River Bar where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean. Its a very dangerous piece of ocean, and a lot of ships have sank there.


What a way to end the day! With a beautiful sunset over the River Bar. Actually, after sunset, we went to this great little restaurant on the beach called Mo's and had some YUMMY clam chowder!

4 comments:

Tirsa said...

It looks like you are having an awesome vacation! What beautiful pictures.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

gorgeous! Jealous! Love the pictures. I bet that trip was so fun.

Logan & Lindy said...

Hey I am setting my blog to private! Send me your email

allison said...

I'm so jealous!!!
it's gorgeous there. enjoy enjoy enjoy while you can.
i'm in the mood to watch goonies now.....
allie