Every year on St. Patrick's Day, we have a tradition of cooking corned beef and cabbage. This year, we invited our mother's over to celebrate with us. My mom loves marshmellow peeps and so she found some green marshmellow peeps and brought them for Braden. After dinner we let him have them. He took one bite and said "ice cream birds!" That is now what we will forever call marshmellow peeps in our family. It was so stinkin cute! I had to post this somewhere before I forget about it, and I've already packed his baby book. :)I think we've finally hit the talking stage! :) He's starting to talk so much more, it's amazing! The other night after dinner we gave him a popcicle and I was unwrapping it for him and he says "don't drop it". It was really funny, cause he said it to me exactly the way I say it to him. Everytime he takes a bite of something tasty, he says "yummy cheeseburger!" or "yummy pizza" or "yummy ice cream". Now I think I'm at the stage that most moms see when their kids turn 2 or 3 and are starting to say really cute things.
Every night, when we put Braden to bed and we say prayers with him, he will say his own prayer and even though most of his words are mummbled and you can only understand a few of them, you can still understand what he's trying to say. Jeremy's mom and I made him a S.tar W.ars blanket and when he prays every night, this is what he says: "Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day, thank you for my s.tar w.ars blanket, amen."
3 comments:
Oh my gosh Emily - what a cute post. I am so glad to hear about Braden's progress! Thank you for sharing these adorable stories!
Oh that is so cute that he prays about his Star Wars blanket. :) I'm so excited that he is talking so much!
I love the crazy things that come out of their mouths! I am so glad he is more verbal. I am sure it makes parenting easier.
Post a Comment